Montag, 17. Juni 2013

Patrick Rothfuss - The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicles, Day 1) Review

Today i've got a real hidden gem for you. Patrick Rothfuss' - The Name of the Wind. Spectacular book.
Loved it, went through it in three days. Same with the second day, took me four days since it was a little bigger than the first.

One of the best main characters of all time if you ask me. Present and past iterations.

Brilliant setting, it plays in the now where the main character is a innkeeper in a sleepy little town and the past where the main character is just awesome

It has magic system where we still don't know much about at the end of the second book, which is kinda annoying kinda intriguing. The world is beautifully built, although we don't know a lot so far.

The character developement is pretty great. And you even start to feel for the characters, which usually takes more than two books for me.

The setting is probably the most remarkable thing about the book. It plays in two different times, the present and the past. The main character tells his own story in the present. 
Something great are the interludes, small chapters in the present which are built between really exciting storys of the present. I initially thought that style would get annoying after a while, but that is not the case. Through all two books those chapters are very well placed and written.

I won't write a synopsis for this book because it's got the best one already written on the back cover.
Seriously! It's the best damn synopsis i've ever read. Instantly after reading it i bought the book.

My name is Kvothe.


I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in. I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day. I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make the minstrels weep.


You may have heard of me.


What are your thoughts on the book? Write me in the comment section!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen